Americans spend around fifty billion dollars annually on weight loss programs and diet pills. Regrettably, twenty percent of that amount goes to bogus weight loss products. Numerous people are facing the problem of obesity and many of them resort to weight loss supplements. Although some people have benefited from these supplements, there are still a lot of people who are unsure of which type to buy. In the end, they get frustrated without losing a single pound.
Here are some proven tips to help aspirants lose weight when purchasing diet pills in the market:
- Before buying a dietary supplement, consult a doctor. There are weight loss supplements that are only available with a prescription. Remember to tell the doctor about allergies to certain drugs and medical history.
- Buy products approved or recommended by health professionals or bodybuilders.
- Keep in mind that all weight loss supplements, even those prescribed by doctors, carry risks. It is for this reason that all instructions should be followed carefully. Stop taking the supplements if any unusual symptoms are noticed.
- When buying online, make sure all weight loss supplements are sealed. Do not accept bottles that have been tampered with.
- Keep in mind that diet products that promise rapid weight loss usually don’t have FDA approval. Most of these products have serious side effects that lead to drastic weight loss.
- Look for supplements with essential nutrients like calcium, omega fatty acids, liver oils and vitamin B12 which are very important especially for women.
- Search the internet for diet pills that have proven side effects. For example, a Brazilian diet pill was recently sold in the United States that contains drugs and chemicals like tranquilizers, antidepressants and amphetamines. This pill has been advertised as all natural but has proven to be dangerous for health.
- Choose diet pills approved by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are monitored and carry a minimum of risk.
- There are wide range of over-the-counter supplements available in the market today. Some are appetite suppressants while others help the body absorb fat. Have a decision which one to buy. Also, don’t forget to check the ingredients and read the labels carefully to avoid serious side effects like high blood pressure and damage to the heart valves. Also make sure that it will not react negatively to other medications currently being taken. The can also be consulted before buying it.
- Beware of over-the-counter diet pills containing Ma Huang. It is a powerful stimulant that has been linked to death, especially in professional athletes.
- Never buy ephedra supplements; they are deeply associated with death and stroke.
- Don’t just rely on the weight loss supplement. Eat healthy and exercise. Try to exercise indoors at least three times a week and get amazing results.
Weight loss supplements have been on the market for quite some time now, but their long term effects have yet to be proven. People who are serious about losing weight should take supplements with exercise and a well-balanced diet. It is the most effective way to lose weight in a healthy way.